Learn ‘n Burn FAQS:
+ How many people are enrolled in each masterclass? (I hate crowds.)
Numbers will be capped at 20 seriously rad people. Our fragrance blending class will be capped at 10 people. For larger or private bookings, please email us with your request.
+ What if I’m flying solo? Can I still come along?
Hella YES! We love and welcome all lone wolves into our pack. And don’t worry; whether we fill every seat or not, all pouring sessions will go ahead as scheduled. (So, if you’re the only booking, you get us *all* to yourself – yippee!)
+ Do you do events for larger groups?
You betcha’ ass we do! Email us for more details and let’s plan this party. We even have the (pastel) space of your event-y dreams for you to hang out in afterwards, sippin’ wine and eating *ALL* of the cheese (as you do). Just send us an email telling us what you’re celebrating, and we’ll get the party started for you.
+ When do I get to take home my candle?
Once your candle has cured for 24 hours at HQ, you can either collect it from the studio by appointment the following week or pay a small fee on the day to have it (lovingly) shipped to your home. If you’re making a mini class and have a few mins to spare at the end of the class to wait for it to set, you can then take it home on the day (does not apply to deluxe classes, they need overnight to set).
+ Do I get a diploma?
No, but we do have a certificate and graduation hats for you and your crew to pose with against our pastel studio walls!
The Small Print
(Otherwise known as the Events Terms and Conditions)
SAFETY & LIABILITY
- We’re all about having fun, and we want your candle making experience to be nothing short of euphoric. However, there are risks when working with hot wax, and we accept no liability for anyone acting recklessly or irresponsibly in any way that may cause harm to themselves, other participants, or our staff.
- The Prospect Project and its employees are not liable or responsible for any accidental injury to participants or any loss or damage to personal possessions.
- While we’re big fans of the kiddos, we don’t allow children under 15 years old to participate. Trust us; kids + hot wax + a few wines = not a fun time.
BOOKINGS & CANCELLATIONS
- Bookings are non-refundable and final (#SorryNotSorry).
- Cancellations must be submitted to us via email at least 24 hours prior.
- While we *totally* get that shit happens and plans change, we also ask that you be mindful that we’re a small studio offering limited spaces in intimate classes, so we may not be able to fill your seat with such short notice.
- If you do cancel, you may choose between rescheduling your session to another available date or being issued a store credit to purchase items from our online store.
- Can’t make it but know someone who can? You’re more than welcome to send a friend in your place. Just advise us (as per above) and let us know your friend’s details.
- Sessions run between 45 – 60 minutes, depending on the number of participants and how much gossiping we do.
- We recommend arriving 10 minutes early to ensure you get a car park, settle in, and be ready to go when the session commences. Trust us; you wanna be chill for this!
- Late policy: While we do our best to accommodate late arrivals, we can’t guarantee that the candle making process will be complete if you arrive more than 10 minutes late to your scheduled session. And honestly, we’d hate for you not to have the whole experience, so leave early, okay?
- The Prospect Project reserves the right to take photographs and video footage during pouring sessions that may include participants and use these photographs and video footage for advertising across all media forms, in perpetuity, and without payment to students.
THE FINISHED PRODUCT
- Your candle might have a few lumps, bumps, and dimples – but hey, who doesn’t? We’ve perfected our craft over many years to bring you the best candles in the world (#SitDownBeHumble). Therefore, you shouldn’t expect yours to be as flawless as ours (but that’s all part of the experience!)
- Dimples, bubbles, holes, etc., in the surface of your candle may occur due to variables, but trust us; after burning it for the first time, these will melt away, and your candle will still smell and burn normally.
- We have a strict TWO WEEK storage policy of all finished work waiting to be collected. Any candles that aren’t collected (or have postage arranged) within this time frame will be donated to an NFP of our choice.
- It’s the responsibility of all participants to read, understand, and adhere to these terms and conditions.
- For group bookings, it’s the responsibility of the person making the booking to inform other participants of our terms and conditions.
The cutest candle making workshop in Perth
Perth Feast –
If you live in Perth, you MUST check this out, it was so much fun!